Handbooks and guides are available and you can find some of them in our room.
In case you have not much time here’s our list of places you “must” visit in the area; every site can be reached within one hour drive, every number can represent one full day without running, taking some time for bathing and strolling around. An ideal “full week” to enjoy our land, still keeping in mind that you are on holiday! We love them all, so you should not consider the numbers as a ranking
- Sestri Levante with its two bays linked by the old city center, Baciollo’s ice cream, the walk to Punta Manara (two hours round trip), a bath in the Silence Bay or by the Luna Blue Beach enjoying a drink at sunset).
- The village of Camogli, the beach, a snack at Ravello’s, the walk to San Rocco and then to Punta Chiappa where you can take a bath among beautiful views. On the way back a drink at Muagetti’s with a beautiful sunset view.
- Rapallo’s promenade, the ice cream at Frigidarium’s, the boat to visit Portofino, the VIP village; a pleasant 30 minutes walk will take you to Castle Brown and to the light house. Then the boat again to S. Fruttuoso (you may walk there in about two hours among beautiful see views). In San Fruttuoso the visit to the old abbey is a must. The more convenient way back is to take a boat. Portofino is not the right place to swim or to park your car (too expensive). But a short walk will bring you to the green bay of Paraggi. There are several restaurant around but rather expensive: our advice is to bring a packed lunch with you.
- In San Salvatore the antique Fieschi Basilica surrounded by vineyards, the churchyard of Santa Giulia, the most beautiful Tigullio’s view, the aristocratic city of Chiavari with its old arcades, the antique palaces, the small squares, the shops, the coffee shops and the flavor of focaccia. The Grazie church on a hill facing the sea with its frescos painted by Luca Cambiaso, the village of San Pietro with its beautiful mosaic, Zoagli with its small promenade and the beautiful hidden beach of Arenelle.
- A lifetime is not enough to know Genoa. In one day, taking an early train from Chiavari you may have a sufficient overview to come back again. One can spend the whole day in the so called Porto Antico recreational area, ideal for children and families with its Aquarium, the Galata sea museum, the Bigo lift to have a city overview. A boat trip of the harbor area, the old light house (the Lanterna), the old church of San Giovanni in Prè with two multimedia museums. Or a longer but interesting walk inside the old city.
- Taking a train from Chiavari you can discover Cinque Terre starting from the last one (Riomaggiore) and walk back through the Cinque Terre trails and by train. A very relaxing alternative to come back is to reach La Spezia by train and the boat services to visit all the villages in one day including the beautiful Cinque Terre. At Monterosso, the last one, a good swim is an ideal way to end the day before taking the train back.
- A long ride by car or by motorcycle is the ideal way to discover the inner Liguria heart, narrow streets, old villages, olive groves, sea view in the distance, the traces of the hard life of the old inhabitants dignified by their work, excellent traditional among them one the most excellent Italian traditional inns in Italy according to the ranking provided by Slow Food. The trip is about 125 kms long the main point of interest are Passo di Romaggi, Val Cicana, the beautiful Borzone Abbey, Sopralacroce, Varese Ligure “the round village”, Passo del Biscia, the Valgraveglia with Gambatesa mine area and its excellent products. The best inns are Trattoria degli Amici in Varesa Ligure, Mosto’s in Conscenti, La Brinca at Campo di Nè).
- Last but not least the nautical services provided by our friend Milumarepesca