Short guide to restaurants in our area and some hints for snacks.
Ask for updates or for reservations: we’ll be glad to help you.
- Ristorante il Galletto: only Saturday and sunday, need to book at 0185306059 – 3392408559. Fixed menu (appertizer, pasta, meat dish, cake, house wine and coffee 25 Euro). Very simple home cooking. Needs approx 15 minutes on foot: wonderful landscape from restaurant.
- Agriturismo U Cantin only with advanced booking at 0185358578 3475730193 . Excellent home cuisine with homegrown produce. Fixed menu with 5 to 7 courses: 25 Euros plus wine: you can choose some good home wines and sweet Cimisa Passito with dessert is a must!. About 10 minutes on foot.
With your car in few minutes
- Trattoria Genin always book at 0185319056.Local home cooking at about 1,5 km.
- Ristorante Pepen always book at 0185 319010. Relaxed atmosphere, fixed menu very generous: 35 Euro and a reduced one at 25 Euro. At about 1,5 km.
- Pizzeria La Cava, closed on Monday, 0185 319052. 4 km towards Chiavari (don’t ask for our judgment: we don’t eat pizza!)
- Ristorante San Rufino 0185319600 good local cuisine at 4 km towards Leivi
If you’re tired and want to relax in our garden there’s a good take away pizzeria in Chiavari on your way back via Sanpierdicanne 68 tel. 0185 363280.
In our garden you can always use our gas barbecue
Our choices in the area
- La Brinca in Val Graveglia – elegant but informal, uses at best local produce and performs an updated traditional cuisine. Wine list is fabolous. Tel 0185 337480
- Da Felice in Chiavari on the Promenade – excellent fish restaurant, with traditional aoriginal dishes. Tel 0185 308016
- Mignon Beach & Restaurant a Cavi di Lavagna – romantic location on the beach with a good chef. Tel 3332464769/ 3489210163
- Le Cantine Reggiane in Chiavari downtown – Simple “trattoria”, old style seasonal cuisine, good dishes both fish and meat – Book in advance at 0185 308338
- Da Vittorio in Chiavari downtown – true old style “fainotto” where working people still use to go: try farinata, frisceu, ripieni, acciughe, polpo e patate: better stay on the very traditional dishes. Normally crowded does not accept booking: very popular prices.
Tasty snacks in Chiavari
Sanguineti bakery in Sanpierdicanne makes the lighter focaccia: try also focaccia “con le polpe” (olives). Piombo Bakery in Viale Millo good focaccia and typical vegetable pies. Raffo bakery downtown: focaccia and farinata. Barbieri bakery: la focaccia D.O.P. the most traditional recipe (Daniele’s choice)
Falcone Confectionery in Piazza Matteotti: best pastry and cakes
True ice creams: Defilla in piazza Matteotti is our choice, Cremeria Spinola on the Promenade and in Viale Millo is the ‘ trendy one, Davide in Piazza Cavour the most traditional.
On the Promenade sandwich or a milk shake at Mary-Jo